Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Daily Read

I know, it has been a while that I have read and written. To quot my daughter's favorite singer, "Nobody's perfect." I am however, still not quiting. I have noticed that I needed to adjust the time frame that I read and write to a more inspired and easier to remember time. So now it is one of the first things I do upon awaking. Also, my hope is to allow the inspiration to help me throughout the day. I think that I could use form help while I am awake than when I am sleeping.

I read quite a bit this morning, 1Nephi 1-4. This portion covers the exodus of Lehi and his family to the return of Nephi and his brothers for the brass plates. I am inspired to do hard things without giving up. Nephi and his brothers failed 2 times before accomplishing the task which the Lord had given them. Laman and Lemuel wanted to quit after the first attempt and even beat Nephi and Sam after the second failure. Yet Nephi insisted that he would not return home till his task was completed successfully.

I am going to remember this as I finish up school. It is hard, but I believe that it was inspired for me to do and so I can't quit. I can't allow myself to become discouraged. With the Lords help, I CAN do hard things.

No comments: